Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Battle of the Bulge Diorama by Paul Keefe

It's time for me to make some more videos for our Diorama of the Day series and the first video is ready. I have worked all night to get the video done because once I got started, I couldn't stop until it was completed. I guess a lot of model builders know that feeling. Just having to complete those damn tracks before you can go to bed...

First up is another masterpiece by Paul Keefe called "Butcher's Bill". I will properly present more of his work in the future, simply because I love the way Paul tells a story in his work. The level of details in his dioramas reminds me of a page from a good old cartoon. This is a 1/35 scale Sherman tank set in the Battle of the Bulge.


The diorama represents the last stand of the US 28th Infantry Division (Pennsylvania Army National Guard) at the Battle of Clervaux Belgium, during the Battle of the Bulge. The 28th Infantry took 90% loses, killed and captured, but delayed the German 5th Panzer Army long enough for the 101st Airborne Division to get into position around Bastogne. The M4 depicted here was part of "A" Company of the 707th Medium Tank Battalion, attached to the US 28th Inf. Division at this time.

If you are hungry for more and want to see pictures of this stunning diorama, just click here to visit Paul's website.

-Kasper


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...