Thursday, July 28, 2011

Airfix - RAF Halifax B.III bomber

By Francis Lee



Model: (1/72 Scale)
Airfix Handley Page Halifax B.III Bomber

I bought the model in 1988 and I start to build it since 2 weeks ago.
The kit contains not many parts however most clear plastic parts seem
not very fit with the plane body, big gaps all around the main canopy and I need to use a model blade to trim some plastic to fill into big gaps and sand them down.

P.S. I do not use those figures of the model, they are too ugly!!

Background:
The Handley Page Halifax was one of the British front-line, four-engined heavy bombers of the Royal Air Force. A contemporary of the famous Avro Lancaster, the Halifax remained in service until the end of the war. Halifax B.III Main production variant, fitted with Bristol Hercules engines. B.III bombers were fitted with transparent nose dome with single machine gun, Boulton Paul dorsal turret with four guns and tail turret with four guns.

Video of this model:












Special thanks to Airfix company:

Due to the decal of my old model got moldy and unable to use. Airfix company quickly reply me and post me 2 replacements free of charge.

(Most Japanese model brands will not do parts replacement for oversea customer. ) Many thanks to Airfix's good service!!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...